City Council meetings are held the second and fourth Monday of every month at the City Hall (210 W State St.) at 6:30 p.m.
Everyone is welcome to attend.
Everyone is welcome to attend.
16 hours ago
December 9, 2019
Williamsburg Water, Sewer & Solid Waste Committee Meeting Minutes
Mayor Sandersfeld called the committee session to order at 5:30 p.m. and noted members; Brian Portwood, Public Works Director; Marshall, council member; and Tornholm, council member; were present. Haley Jindrich-Zwolinski, HR Green; and Nicole Osweiler, city clerk; were also in attendance. Committee members Matt Tapken, PWA and Chad Coburn, PWA; were unable to attend
Haley Jindrich-Zwolinski with HR Green presented the 30% design plans for the wastewater plant and presented questions to the committee in regards to layout of the driveways, headworks building and interior design of the facility. A discussion took place in regards of what will be demolished or removed and what will be capped off. Which equipment will be reused and what will be taken out was discussed, also. The process flow diagram was presented along with the UV building design. The final plat is anticipated to be done in May for review, with construction to start in Spring of 2021.
The route for North Ridge Sewer lines was presented with detail and a discussion of possible future development for east and west of Highland was held in regards to were tie ins could be located. Capper and fire station lift stations will be demolished once the new gravity line is in place, which will help with maintenance. A cost comparison for location of the sewer line in regards to the east or west side of Highland will be conducted. A drop will be added to the manhole at The Depot to help with corrosion and other existing manholes will be rehabilitated. Portwood will get gas levels from manholes that are up from The Depot to try and narrow down where the issue is. Bidding for North Ridge and South Truck will try to be let at the same time.
Motion was made by Tornholm, seconded by Marshall to adjourn the meeting at 6:27 p.m. The next regular scheduled meeting for the committee will be in January at Williamsburg City Hall; no date has been set. Motion passed with a unanimous vote.
Nicole Osweiler, City Clerk ... See MoreSee Less
7 days ago
WILLIAMSBURG CITY COUNCIL MEETING AGENDA
Notice is hereby given that the Williamsburg City Council will meet in regular session on
Monday, December 9, 2019, at 6:30 p.m. at the Williamsburg City Hall, 210 W State St.
1. Call to Order
2. Pledge of Allegiance
3. Roll Call
4. Life Saving Pins and Award
5. Public hearing on proposal to enter into a Sewer Revenue Loan and Disbursement Agreement
6. Public Hearing on Proposed Development Agreement with The Gathering Barn LLC
7. Approve the Agenda
8. Approve Consent Agenda Items – All items listed under the consent agenda will be acted on by one motion unless a request is made prior to the time of the Council’s vote.
a. Minutes from Council Meeting November 25, 2019;
b. Bills as presented for payment;
c. November Financial Reports;
d. Approve A8 Chinese Restaurant BW License;
e. Approve Brothers Market Liquor License;
9. 212 Sports Academy LLC Operations of Recreation Center Update
10. Stacy Horvath- Discussion of Preschool Location
11. Keelan Driscoll- Discussion of Alley by 605 Chatham
12. Chris Nelson- Gronewold, Bell, Kyhnn & Co. P.C. Review of City Audit
13. Approve Resolution 116-19: Resolution taking additional action with respect to a Sewer Revenue Loan and Disbursement Agreement and authorizing, approving and securing the payment of a $1,134,700 Sewer Revenue Loan and Disbursement Agreement Anticipation Project Note (IFA Interim Loan and Disbursement Agreement)
14. Approve Resolution 117-19: Approving Development Agreement with The Gathering Barn LLC, Authorizing Annual Appropriation Tax Increment Payments and Pledging Certain Tax Increment Revenues to the Payment of the Agreement
15. Police Report
16. Public Works Report
17. Approve Resolution 114-19: SUDAS
18. Approve Resolution 115-19: Approving a Pay Increase for Brian Portwood upon Obtaining His Iowa DNR Grade III Wastewater Operator Certification
19. Discussion/Approval of Safety Incentive for Employees
20. Set Budget Meeting Dates
21. Public Address – Public opportunity to address the Council about any item not on the agenda.
22. Adjourn ... See MoreSee Less
7 days ago
WILLIAMSBURG CITY COUNCIL
WATER, SEWER, SOLID WASTE COMMITTEE
WORK SESSION AGENDA
Notice is hereby given that the Williamsburg City Council
Water, Sewer & Solid Waste Committee
will hold a work session on Monday. December 9, 2019, at 5:30 p.m.
at the Williamsburg City Hall, 210 W State St.
1. Call Meeting to Order
2. Review Wastewater Treatment Plant 30% Design
3. Status Update on North Ridge Sewer Plans
4. Set Next Meeting Date
5. Adjourn ... See MoreSee Less