NOTICE TO BIDDERS
- Time and Place for Filing Proposals: Sealed proposals shall be filed before 2:00 PM on August 10, 2022 in the office of the City Clerk, City Hall, 210 W State St., Willliamsburg, Iowa 52361 or via email to [email protected]
- Bid Security. None required.
- Site Visit. Bidder may visit the site prior to submitting proposal. Please coordinate a site visit with Aaron Sandersfeld, City Manager, at 319-330-8638.
- Sales Tax. The bidder shall not include sales tax in the bid pursuant to Iowa Code. A sales tax exemption certificate will be available for all material purchased for incorporation in the project.
- Certificates of Insurance. Contractor shall provide insurance certifications including the Owner as additional insured. These shall be in accordance with SUDAS Section 1070 and submitted after proposals have been reviewed and notice has been given to the selected Bidder (Contractor).
- Performance, Payment and Maintenance Bond. Duration of two (2) years from date of final completion.
- Storage. Storage of equipment shall be at site or furnished by Contractor until a coordinated time that the equipment is to be onsite and installed.
- Warranty. For all items provided, a full warranty against defects in materials and workmanship for two years from date of final completion.
- Project Completion. Contractor shall provide an anticipated start date in their proposal. Final Completion shall be by November 30, 2022. Contractor to pay liquidated damages in the amount of $200/ calendar day for non-compliance with completion provisions.
- Department of Labor. A contract will not be executed until the apparent low bidder is registered with the Iowa Commissioner of Labor pursuant to Section 91C.5 of the Iowa Code. The bidder should contact 515-242-5871 for registration information.
- Proposal/Quote Evaluation. Proposals will be evaluated based on cost. Contractor shall also be responsible and responsive.
- Notified Contractor will be required to submit Contract, Performance, Payment and Maintenance Bond, and Certificate of Insurance prior to mobilization.
- Proposal Contract. The Bidder shall provide a Proposal Contract to the City which will be executed by the City Council and City Manager.
- Notice to Proceed. Notice to Proceed is anticipated to be within two (2) weeks after acceptable Contract; Performance, Payment and Maintenance Bond; and Certificates of Insurance are received.
General Nature of Public Improvement.
Rehabilitation of four (4) existing manholes via centrifugally cast cementitious mortar liner with epoxy seal, grout sealing seven (7) manhole pipe penetrations, and bypassing, jetting, and/or cleaning of the manholes as necessary for construction. Additional project information can be requested by contacting [email protected]