18 hours ago
December 7, 2018
Williamsburg Street, Light & Energy Committee Meeting Minutes
Mayor Sandersfeld called the Oak Street and Bridge project Prebid meeting to order at 3:00 p.m. Noted committee members Marshall, council member; Grier, council member; Brian Portwood, Public Works Director, were present. Nicole Osweiler, city clerk, was also in attendance. There were representatives from fourteen different engineer and design firms in attendance.
Council member Marshall and Mayor Sandersfeld went over the fast time frame the project needs to take place in. The history of the Oak Street, Old Man’s Creek Bridge on State and the purpose of the pond were discussed by all. Chatham and Elm Street were reviewed as part of the design phase but will be pending reconstruction due to the budget for the project. It was stressed to give options for rehabilitating and widening the bridge. Other utility companies in the area will be placing some of their services underground at that time, too. A sidewalk will need to installed along Oak Street to help keep the foot traffic off of the road. All firms were asked to give options for the project that would utilize the city’s dollar to it’s fullest.
The RFP was gone through with special attention given to citizen interaction through out the project. Making the phases of the project able to add or subtract work is also factor that needs to be considered.
Many firms asked questions regarding budget, traffic control for the area, right away use or land acquisition, how the road and pond work together, beautification factors for the park area and ideal timeframes when would like to be completed.
There were no firms wanting a walk through with the city staff. Further questions and comments can be sent to the clerk and will be forwarded to the proper parties for response.
Motion was made by Marshall, seconded by Grier to adjourn the meeting at 4:00 p.m. Motion passed with a unanimous vote.
Nicole Osweiler, City Clerk ... See MoreSee Less
1 day ago
WILLIAMSBURG CITY COUNCIL
Notice is hereby given that the
Williamsburg City Council Finance Committee
will hold a meeting on Tuesday, December 11, 2018 at 5:30 p.m.
at the Williamsburg City Hall, 210 W State St.
Call Meeting to Order
Discuss Expanding Urban Renewal Area Amendment
Adjourn ... See MoreSee Less
4 days ago
WILLIAMSBURG CITY COUNCIL MEETING AGENDA
Notice is hereby given that the Williamsburg City Council will meet in regular session on
Monday, December 10, 2018, at 6:30 p.m. at the
Williamsburg City Hall, 210 W State St.
1. Call to Order
2. Pledge of Allegiance
3. Roll Call
4. Approve the Agenda
5. Public Hearing for Ordinance 29-18: Accessory Building
6. Approve Ordinance 29-18: Accessory Building
7. Suspend the rules for second and third reading of Ordinance 29-18
8. Approve Consent Agenda Items – All items listed under the consent agenda will be acted on by one motion unless a request is made prior to the time of the Council’s vote.
a. Minutes from Council Meeting November 26, 2018;
b. Bills as presented for payment;
c. November Financial Reports;
d. Approve Mi Casa Authentic Mexican Grill Class C Liquor License;
e. 2018 Building Permit;
f. November Payroll Leave Report;
9. Chris Nelson- GRONEWOLD, BELL, KYHNN & CO. P.C. Review of City Audit
10. Review/Approve Garbage & Recycling RFP
11. Approve Sludge Removal Plan
12. Discussion of Williamsburg Community Preschool Renting Small Conference Room at Rec Center
13. Set Budget Meeting Dates
14. Recreation Report
15. Approve Resolution 113-18: A Resolution Adopting Buddy Membership For 2019 February Promotion & New Year’s Fitness Promotion at the Williamsburg Recreation Center
16. Police Report
17. Public Works Report
18. Approve Resolution 114-18: Approving Contractor to Install Sub Drain Between 703 and 705 Hampton Drive
19. Library Report
20. Approve Resolution 112-18: Declaring January 20-26, 2019, School Choice Week
21. Discuss Acceptance of Circle Terrace Project as being Finalized
22. Discuss As Built Plans for Circle Terrace Project
23. Discussion of Oak Street Project
24. Public Address – Public opportunity to address the Council about any item not on the agenda.
25. Adjourn ... See MoreSee Less