5 hours ago
June 24, 2019
Williamsburg Water, Sewer & Solid Waste Committee Meeting Minutes
Mayor Sandersfeld called the committee session to order at 5:30 p.m., noted members Mayor Aaron Sandersfeld; Jake Tornholm, council member; Tyler Marshall, council member. Erin Nathan, Republic Services Attorney; Matt Pivit, Republic Services; Ken Rowley, Republic Services; Nicole Osweiler, city clerk; Eric Tindal, City Attorney, were also present.
Pivit started off by explaining why there had been issues previously with the service and how they have been rectified in regards to changes with the personnel, equipment and policies. Rowley went on to explain these changes in more detail and how making the service provided one of his main priorities, but that does require better communications by both parities when there are issues. The committee explained their concern with the service staying at the standard it is now due to supervisors and other management assisting on the routes to date. Marshall inquired about the number of complaints that have been received since the formal notice of contract violation has been sent. Osweiler informed them the number of complaints has decreased and they have implemented the formal complaint form to help assist with understanding the issues better. Tornholm inquired about any standards they set for their drivers in regards to performance.
The committee would like to figure out a better location for the glass dumpster due to the nuisance it can be to the neighboring properties. There have been questions about how to handle larger cardboard that does not fit in the recycling container and it being hard to put into the sideload truck. Multiple ideas were discussed in regards to solving this issue: placing a larger dumpster for larger cardboard, similar to the glass; having a set date for excessive cardboard to picked-up and encouraging residents to cut down the larger boxes to be placed in a second recycling cart. The committee will discuss how to handle these two situations with the council at the meeting on the 8th of July.
Tindal asked the committee if violations stated in the letter sent to Republic were resolved. Marshall and Tornholm both agreed they feel they have been resolved. They will give their recommendation to the council at the July 8th meeting. It was clarified that if any other violations of the contract do occur and are not resolved to the city’s standard than another letter can be sent.
The next committee meeting regarding the solid waste service will be set for a few months from now to evaluate the service, again.
Motion was made by Marshall, seconded by Tornholm to adjourn the meeting at 6:21 p.m. Motion passed with a unanimous vote.
Nicole Osweiler, City Clerk ... See MoreSee Less
2 days ago
5 days ago
WILLIAMSBURG CITY COUNCIL MEETING AGENDA
Notice is hereby given that the Williamsburg City Council will meet in regular session on
Monday, June 24, 2019, at 6:30 p.m. at the Williamsburg City Hall, 210 W State St.
1. Call to Order
2. Pledge of Allegiance
3. Roll Call
4. Approve the Agenda
5. Public Hearing for Ordinance 38-19: Triplex
6. First Reading of Ordinance 38-19: Triplex
7. Approve Ordinance 38-19: Triplex
8. Suspend the rules for second and third reading of Ordinance 38-19
9. Third Reading of Ordinance 35-19: An Ordinance Replacing City Code 92.02-Water Rates for Service
10. Approval of Ordinance 35-19: An Ordinance Replacing City Code 92.02-Water Rates for Service
11. Third Reading of Ordinance 36-19: An Ordinance Replacing City Code 99.04, Paragraph 3- Sewer rates for Service
12. Approval of Ordinance 36-19: An Ordinance Replacing City Code 99.04, Paragraph 3- Sewer rates for Service
13. Third Reading of Ordinance 37-19: An Ordinance Replacing City Code 106.08- Collection Fees for Disposal of Solid Waste & Recycling
14. Approval of Ordinance 37-19: An Ordinance Replacing City Code 106.08- Collection Fees for Disposal of Solid Waste & Recycling
15. Approve Consent Agenda Items – All items listed under the consent agenda will be acted on by one motion unless a request is made prior to the time of the Council’s vote.
a. Minutes from Council Meeting June 10, 2019;
b. Bills as presented for payment;
c. Cigarette Permits from July 1, 2019 to June 30, 2020 for: Casey’s Store #2528, Casey’s General Store #2769, Colony Point, Dollar General, Williamsburg Foods, and Williamsburg Fast Stop;
d. Water Loss Report
16. Approve Williamsburg Kiwanis Club use of Fire Station for 4th of July Pancake Breakfast
17. Fire Department Report
18. Approve Sale of Fire Department Old Engine 5
19. 908 North Street Request to Reduce Sewer Bill
20. Library Report
21. De Novo Presentation
22. Consideration of the final memo for the Oak Street, Elm Street, Chatham Street, High Street Reconstruction – Proposed Project Concept by Snyder & Associates, Inc.
23. Approve Resolution 72-19: Engineering Services Contract for Final Design and Bid Documents for Oak Street, Elm Street, Chatham Street, High Street Reconstruction
24. Police Report
25. Approve Resolution 66-19: A Resolution Approving the Wages and Salaries for City Employees for FY20
26. Approve Request to Write Off Bad Debt from Utility Accounts
27. Approve Resolution 68-19: Transfer of General, Library, Recreation, Roads, Water and Sewer Funds to Equipment Fund
28. Approve Resolution 69-19: Transfer School Demo Fund to Water Plant Improvement Fund, Sewer Plant Upgrade Fund and Oak Street & Bridge Fund for Engineering and Misc.
29. Reappointing Official Newspaper for the City of Williamsburg: Hometown Current
30. Discuss Ordinance Regarding Wind Turbines within 2 Miles of City Limits
31. Approve Resolution 70-19: Resolution Deleting Property from the Williamsburg Urban Renewal Area
32. First Reading of Ordinance 39-19: An Ordinance Deleting Property From the Tax Increment Financing District for the Williamsburg Urban Renewal Area of the City of Williamsburg, Iowa, Pursuant to Section 403.19 of the Code of Iowa
33. Approve Ordinance 39-19: An Ordinance Deleting Property From the Tax Increment Financing District for the Williamsburg Urban Renewal Area of the City of Williamsburg, Iowa, Pursuant to Section 403.19 of the Code of Iowa
34. Suspend the rules for second and third reading of Ordinance 39-19
35. Approve Resolution 71-19: Resolution Setting Date for Public Hearing on Designation of the Expanded Williamsburg Urban Renewal Area and on Urban Renewal Plan Amendment
36. Set Meeting with Properties Affect by the TIF with the Urban Renewal Area
37. Discussion/Approval of General Recreation Restroom Cleaning
38. Public Address – Public opportunity to address the Council about any item not on the agenda.
39. Adjourn ... See MoreSee Less