1 day ago
WILLIAMSBURG CITY COUNCIL MEETING AGENDA
Notice is hereby given that the Williamsburg City Council will meet in regular session on
Tuesday, May 29, 2018, at 6:30 p.m. at the Williamsburg City Hall, 210 W State St.
1. Call to Order
2. Pledge of Allegiance
3. Roll Call
4. Approve the Agenda
5. Public Hearing for Ordinances 21-18, 22-18 & 23-18
6. First Reading of Ordinance 21-18: An Ordinance Replacing City Code 92.02-Water Rates for Service
7. First Reading of Ordinance 22-18: An Ordinance Replacing City Code 99.04, Paragraph 3- Sewer rates for Service
8. First Reading of Ordinance 23-18: An Ordinance Replacing City Code 106.08- Collection Fees for Disposal of Solid Waste & Recycling
9. Approve Consent Agenda Items – All items listed under the consent agenda will be acted on by one motion unless a request is made prior to the time of the Council’s vote.
a. Minutes from Water and Wastewater Meeting May 14, 2018; Minutes of the Council Meeting May 14, 2018, Minutes; Minutes from Water and Wastewater Meeting May 21, 2018;
b. Bills as presented for payment;
10. Approve Brickhouse Coffee Co. Mobile Unit to sell Tropical Snow and Coffee
11. Approve Brickhouse Coffee Co. Outdoor Seating
12. Sharon Grimm- Discussion of Playground Equipment Up-Grade for City Park
13. Approve Letter of Intent with Red Lion
14. Approve Resolution 47-18: A Resolution Appointing Dwane Gragg & Kathryn Heitmann to the Library Board
15. Approve Resolution 48-18: A Resolution Adopting The Shelter Rental Policies& Agreement For The City Of Williamsburg, Iowa
16. Approve Resolution 49-18: A Resolution Approving the Vendor to Letter City Hall Front Door in the City of Williamsburg, Iowa
17. Approve Resolution No. 50-18: A Resolution Hiring Seasonal Employees for the 2018 Season at the Aquatic Center and Sports Complex In the City of Williamsburg, Iowa
18. Discuss DOT Grant Funds and Assistance with them
19. Public Address – Public opportunity to address the Council about any item not on the agenda.
20. Adjourn ... See MoreSee Less
4 days ago
May 21, 2018
Williamsburg Water, Sewer & Solid Waste Committee Meeting Minutes
Mayor Sandersfeld called the committee session to order at 5:31 p.m. and noted members Rod Joseph, public works; Brian Portwood, Assistant Public Works Director; Matt Tapken, PWA; and Marshall, council member were present. Councilmember Tornholm was unable to attend. Nicole Osweiler, city clerk, was also in attendance.
The committee went through the drafted wastewater treatment and collection alternatives evaluation provided by HR Green. The committee discussed the preliminary OPCC sewer improvements in great detail and determined that a meeting with HR Green is needed to go over these in more depth. They will submit some comments on certain areas of the preliminary OPCC sewer improvements for HR Green to look into and take into consideration. A discussion comparing the proposed treatment plants took place along with whether to include the nutrient factor or not. The committee narrowed it down to two types of plants they feel would be in the city’s best interest: ISAM and Aero-Mod. Comments and questions were proposed by the committee to be passed along to HR Green for their consideration. Location of the plant will stay where it is, unless there is no other choice but to move it. Keeping the current location was chosen since there is enough land and being the most cost effective. Other comments and questions were discussed about the timeframe, financing, customer rates per each option, and communication between the water and wastewater systems. All of the comments and questions will be sent to HR Green and a meeting will be set to go over the feedback from the submitted comments and questions; along with a more in depth look at the preliminary OPCC sewer improvements.
Motion was made by Marshall, seconded by Portwood to adjourn the meeting at 7:05 p.m. The next regular scheduled meeting for the committee will be June 11, 2018, at 5:30 p.m. in city hall. Motion passed with a unanimous vote.
Nicole Osweiler, City Clerk ... See MoreSee Less